View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #10
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
I do think there might be something to claims that after the 1.5 update the nook's e-ink background shade has darkened. With the shortening of the flash time for page turning, I think the screen muddies over time. There tends to be more ghosting of the previous page after each turn and, after extended reading periods, the background looks darker and the contrast goes down. Rebooting seems to help a little bit, but I worry that shortening the page turn length so much may reduce the overall contrast of the screen, since more black ink is left on the surface after each page turn.
I agree with this. I can definitely see the ghosting and after using my original nook more I am starting to dislike the fast page turns and would prefer an option to set it back to the old way.

The Pearl screens look a bit better, but the difference is too slight for me to care. However, I liked the look of the nook eink screen more pre 1.5 update and I would like to see a 1.6 update that lets us turn off the fast page turns to improve the screen contrast.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote