View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
thanks again, so If I abstain from using any PDF sources, can I just forget all about header & footer removal, & preprocessing & not have to learn regex at all ?
Pretty much, yes.

Quote:
If I use that route, but then use Kindle to delete finished books, I'm left with empty subfolders on Kindle but I guess it's safe to delete those via windows.
I'm a little surprised that you're seeing subfolders. What circumstances are you seeing them in?

Quote:
I'm reluctant to move, copy, delete stuff on the Kindle drive as it appears in winodws, as I don't know how Kindle firmware keeps track of stuff.
You can freely copy and delete things from the "documents" folder - that's where all your books go. Don't touch anything else. The key thing to remember is to never, NEVER, unplug the USB cable without doing a "Safely Remove Hardware" in Windows first.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote