View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Here are two actual screenshots of the same page of a book as viewed in eReader and in B&N Reader. I probably should have set them both to the same font and background, but nevertheless you can see how the interface is different.

For my tastes, the eReader interface is much more intuitive and easier to use, and it takes up more of the screen in Fullscreen mode than does the B&N Reader. It also seems a bit faster than the B&N Reader.

However, eReader only displays .pdb and .prc eBook formats while the B&N Reader displays .pdb and .prc and ePub formats. I would definately choose FBReader over the B&N Reader for ePub though.

Note: The screenshots are rendered poorly by the forum software. In reality they are both clear and crisp with the text. The screen resolution on the Asus T91MT is 1024 x 600.

[EDIT]
I found this section in the Barnes & Noble Desktop eReader User Guide:

RETIRED FEATURES

As part of 2.0, we retired some features. These may resurface in the future or we may have new features – stay tuned!

• Bookshelves
  • Hot Keys
  • Two Page Reader View
  • Menus in Other Languages
  • Non-Contextual Notes
  • Auto-Scroll
  • Creating and Sharing Themes
  • RSVP Speed Reading
  • Customized Background Reading Textures
  • Exporting Annotations
Someone needs to tell B&N that you don't DOWNGRADE software! Either B&N is very stupid, are they don't want people to substitute the PC software for a Nook. Hopefully the Nook has many more features than this software!
[/EDIT]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ereader-portrait-view-page.png
Views:	821
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	45571   Click image for larger version

Name:	bn-reader-portrait-view-page.png
Views:	800
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	45572  

Last edited by jswinden; 02-15-2010 at 11:22 AM.