View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
iRex Inbox Subscriptions

I'm a little confused about the Inbox feature of the iRex DR1000S. Is it meant to enable us to subscribe to news and RSS feeds? I hope so, because that would be really handy for me.

But how do we actually set up subscriptions? The iRex DR1000 manual states:

Quote:
The Inbox is where all of the subscriptions and other news are delivered and saved. If you already have, or will be interested in, subscribing to newspapers or other services, this is a chapter worth paying attention to.

To use the Inbox, please follow the steps below to create an account and activate the Inbox on the device.

1. Sign up for an account
  • Go to https://myirex.irexnet.com
  • Enter a valid email address and click Send
  • Check your email and follow the instructions to activate the account
2. Activate the Inbox
  • Create and activate an account (see above)
  • Connect the device to the computer
  • Using the iRex Companion Software, go to Settings>Inbox Settings and fill the email address and password used for the account
  • Click Activate Inbox
3. Download Content to the Inbox
  • Connect the device to the computer
  • In the iRex Companion Software, click the Inbox tab and select Update Inbox
  • If there are deliveries, they will begin to download
I have done all of the above but I can't find anywhere in the Companion Software or on myirex.irexnet.com to modify subscriptions. Does this mean the feature is not fully implemented or is the Inbox only intended for iRex to distribute documentation?
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote