View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #16046
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

Next is Foreigner by C.J. Cherryh. My first with this author.
I stopped after 60 pages. This book contained elements that I don't enjoy in science fiction. Unpronounceable words (and I did notice the pronunciation guide and declension of noun appendix), point of view changes, gaps in storyline and invented words (I saw the glossary too). I was confused much of the time and decided the author's style was not for me.
Also, I read the hardcover's end pages beforehand and its summary tells us what's going to happen and when. Took the surprise out of it.

Next is another "first contact." This one by Karen Traviss, City of Pearl.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote