View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
esmerelda3
esmerelda3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Can't upgrade desktop software just on the desktop (imac) - goes into a loop

I can see from reading the thread that others are having troubles upgrading the software. I am not even at the stage of trying to connect the Kobo (which is a wifi one, not the touch and not the original). I am just trying to download the upgrade, and I keep getting caught in a "loop". I have done the steps to completely uninstall the software from my Mac (it's an iMac) and then reinstall. When I go through the process of the download, and it says "install", I click install, it gives me the screen where I have the kobo logo that I am supposed to move across to the "applications folder" and when I double-click that it starts the whole process all over again where it opens the desktop program and then says "Important Desktop Update" - we've released an important update for Kobo Desktop. you must now update to continue enjoying the best possible experience" with the Update button. This goes on and on and on.....I have literally done this about 20 times!!!
I have sent an email to Kobo about an hour ago, but have only received the automatic 'we've got your email" response.
Anyone else experience this and any recommendations?
esmerelda3 is offline   Reply With Quote