View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #20
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, what I meant was that, if the machine is "opened up" to general internet applications, what I suspect would happen would be that the EVDO access would be restricted to ONLY downloading books; all other access would be shut off.
Well, downloading books/browsing the store and Wikipedia. They've said they'll keep all that free. From a networking perspective, that's is very easy to do. Now if they start offering the WiFi model that folks have been speculating about, or if people actually mod Kindle 1.0 to use Wifi (the original topic of this thread) then I could see them not minding you using whatever bandwidth-hogging app you could hack into the thing.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote