View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #39
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I hope you mean poorly educated or the easily manipulated. I have Tupperware and a Bachelor's Degree! ... What can I say? I was the only man there! :-)
When I see "Tupperware Party", (in the context of ebook devices) I don't necessarily think of a guilt trip or overpriced. What I DO think about is the chance to hold and try all of them. And I do mean ALL of them. It won't work for a single model, or even a single brand. Ya gotta have as many as will ship to your country, or at least a large fraction.

I'd like to hold and compare all these new things coming out, because as good as they sound, they'll need to be good enough to justify giving up the (admittedly imperfect) Gen3 I have now. And that will take trying it with live batteries.

What would work would be a kit that contains lots of different readers, that one could take to an SF convention (or any other genre, but it implies a concentration of people who like to read....). Have a display area, some discussion panels, and hot links to the vendors who could take orders to ship... The only problem is getting enough vendors to agree to let their devices be displayed together....
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote