View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #114
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
He was saying that the Kindle and the Nook don't run iPad apps.

It's definitely the strongest argument for the iPad mini, though perhaps we need to be a little cautious until we see just how good the overall experience is on the smaller screen.

Bear in mind that the mini will be displaying the iPad tablet apps in the same resolution, but on a screen that's about 3/4 the size. The buttons and text will shrink accordingly. This is one of the reasons why commentators are disappointed that the mini wasn't released with a retina class screen.

Graham
That is exactly what I was saying. I do not understand the connection of size to the retina screen. It would seem that the buttons would be just as hard to hit and a resolution of 163 ppi is like indistinguishable to the 167 of E Ink devices. I think the extra processing required for retina class is not justified on this size screen. We will have to wait to see what people's experience are but I suspect they will be positive. It is half the weight of a full size iPad and still substantially larger than 7" devices. I can live with my iPad 2 with 134 ppi but 163 would be much better.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote