View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #23
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
but I think if I installed the dev.key files for another program in the same way, then that one program would work too, but I just can't get this keystore to install.
You can't install two keystore files at the same time. That's why we need a merged keystore file. If you use update method to install a new one; in that case old one will be removed and related app wil no longer available. And to be able to use the update method the installer file should be in the form of update_*_*_install.bin. Also don't forget about the whitelist if you installed NiLuJe's jailbreak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
Weird. So you are saying, when you add the developer.keystore that is specifically for kif, using the manual method mentioned in the first post, it works, but if you do the exact same thing with the merged developer.keystore, it doesn't work, even though the key for kif should be merged in the keystore? Again, strange.
He didn't say this. He only mentions about installing with the ADQ's way which is update method of the KindleOS. As far as I understood he couldn't install a new keystore after that.
Tanga: Am I correct?

Last edited by thomass; 01-06-2012 at 04:20 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote