View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #54
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
True to my word, emusan, I come bringing a problem. I've been "into" my PE for close to 30hrs. straight, w/about 3hrs. sleep! The main problem I had most of yesterday was (first off I totally screwed it up again and had to do two factory resets) I could not get it to accept the Ermine update. I tried everything I could think of, counting parts of different updates, rearranging them...nothing worked. About 4AM I redownloaded the 0.9 updates provided by mrlanrat and Last_of_the_PEs (they're the same of course) and the trick for my PE was to only hold the Menu/Rotate buttons for about 4-5secs instead of 10secs. I almost fainted when it booted up Ermine.

Now it's rooted, w/a few basic apps installed; I have copied from my phone:
Contacts Sync Adapter
Gmail
Google Partner Setup
Market
Market Updater
Talk
YouTube

These all have three components because I copied all three from TitanBkUP on my phone. I could not find Google Services Framework or Calendar Sync Adapter in TitanBkUp on my phone or my QT7, so I took a clean (one apk, one component) from a file I had downloaded sometime back of all Android System 2.1 Apps.

This is the part that puzzles me. It seems to me that it would be better to use all clean copies from said 2.1 Apps; that the 7 apps from my phone will be contaminated w/info from the phone that will not be accepted/read by Google on the PE. Can you unpuzzle me?

Oh, the other odd thing that happened: I had both a thumb drive and a sdCard inadvertently connected and when I checked Storage thru Library, it listed Internal Storage, SDCard and USB, but the latter two had no data and Internal Storage had incorporated the USB under the lable edgeSDcard.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote