View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
Notre Dame
Magus
Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notre Dame ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Marcus, I think there are three good lines in that review (technically speaking, it's not a review. It's nine paragraphs, six of which are synopsis. Only the last three are a review) The lines I would use are :
1 "Markus Kane has written a novel full of possibilities and realities"
2 "...a haunting look at possibilities of the ever increasing terrorist actions perpetrated in our world today."
3 "...more than just another spy story."

Although I'm not wild about the second line. The sentiment, yes, but not the way it's said. Could be a bit more pithy.
But, the point here is a) You don't give too much away, and b) You want those review lines to intrigue your prospective reader. I.e., Why did the reviewer think that?
The first and third lines are compliments. The second is exposition but with a prefixed compliment.
If you think I'm cutting everything down to the bone here, go and read a few review extractions cited on best sellers. They don't block up the whole cover. Space is a wonderful design medium. It's sort of like B.B. King. Less is more. The prospective reader can glance, take it in and make a decision without getting bogged down. Also, in my defence, I read somewhere recently they polled readers who said they can't be bothered to read long reviews posted on Amazon. They just want to know is it good or bad!
http://chrisscottwilson.co.uk
Notre Dame is offline   Reply With Quote