View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 04:29 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
>

So if I understand things, you want to use those additions and have that script work as a plugin to Calibre and somehow use its pmlz output as a temporary format internal to the plugin and have that be recognized and properly handled by Calibre.

Sort of a plugin for one format (pdb) that creates a different intermediate format (pmlz) -- which normally another input plugin would recognize and handle -- but all in one go.

Is that right?
I have the conversion to PMLZ working fine. And it gets put in the Calibre database OK. But none of the metadata gets read.

I was hoping that when my filetype plugin returned a PLMZ file instead of a PDB file, that the PMLZ metadata importer would be called.

I think it works for Mobipocket because the Mobipocket importer returns a Mobipocket file (just decrypted). I don't have a way to go from encrypted PDB file to decrypted PDB file, only to a PMLZ.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote