View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #182
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts324 View Post
Nick, I did just that; now I am unable to connect to the liberation site (I get a message saying the server did not answer, reverting to utf-8 cures the problem).

However, I could connect to my home page and see some accented letters rendered; however, é (eacute) is replaced by uocase è, à (agrave) is replaced by the Yen sign and so forth...
And here I thought we were getting closer...

Quote:
Obviously there is a whole domain to explore there if this nice program is to be used by more than anglo-saxon people. Accented letters, diacritics, special letetrs like the cedilla (ç) are used by all western languages!
You would think utf-8 -> cp1252 would be something easy and standard to do! Obviously, something isn't working properly.

Is it the primitive HTML 3.2 ebookwise renderer or the python translation of utf-8 webpages or a combination thereof?

(aside: this seems a very common issue, as I usually find stray characters on webpages of international subsidaries on Canadian/US domains. The euro sign comes up a lot, in the most unexpected places sometimes. I always thought it was bad transcriptions!!! It appears its just a utf-8 to windows 1252 issue! )

Anyone else see a possible solution to this?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote