View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #41
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Interesting that they read more. I read somewhere that there are few ebooks of Indian works, and not a lot written in Indian languages. Must read in other languages, further ruling out those who only read in one language like myself

Strangely enough of the Indian people I know, and those I have seen, I have no recollection of seeing one reading a book in public and most if not all Indians I know are better educated than I am. Probably they are all happily playing on their tablets, cell phones and reading etc. as those of other races, and quickly put them away when I approach.

Helen
There are let's say few retail ebooks of Indian works (not that less, I have a collection of my favourite fiction), but there are many pdf files floating around. Would you believe if I tell you that there are scanning shops inside in uni buildings scanning textbooks...So imagine what all ways there are here if you want to get hold of a good book. Also, don't forget that literate Indians usually as their second language speak and write English (when I say speak, a lot of them speak with their children in English at home, speak with friends in English, go to English syllabus schools etc), so they can get retail English language books, they don't have to read Indian authors *whose many books have been published in US and other parts of the world for the simple reason that they write in English and not in their "mother tongue".
I also don't see many people reading books, but people I spoke with and communicate with - younger also, they read really many books! And yes, they are always better educated than I am...

Last edited by jmilica; 07-05-2013 at 02:23 PM.
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote