View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Thanks a lot Frediz,

Actually I've been palying quite a moment with your fantastic tool!
Great job!
It does amazing things so quickly!!
(btw, I doubt if such a tool could ever get a gui...)

Two remarks:
1. It seems that your initial instructions about the mhs filter (the most impressive feature which allows to split horizontally the comic strip) could be outdated (maybe a previous version?). After severals tests, I didn't find the way to pass parameters to mhs concerning the number of pictures in which the original must be split.
But I found that you can set the sensitivity threshold to autosplit the picture (probably based on white balance).

This is the instruction that is given with
cpu -f mhs=help

Usage :
mhsplit|mhs[=m[:s]]

Description :
Splits image horizontally at blank lines.

m : min white : all pixels of line should have higher value to be a split line
(Default=210)
s : min size region : the splitted region won't be less than that (Default=140)
I get good reults in my tests with a value of 15-30. So, it gives something like this:
cpu -o out -f mhs=20 pic1.jpg
One has to play with the value of the parameter to optimize the result, although some failures needing fine tuning are unavoidable.

If you want a rotated, greyscale, autocropped, horizontally autosplitted comic, it goes like this:
cpu -o out -f r,g,a,mhs=20 pic1.jpg
2. My only small deception is the -f s (autosplit) filter. Unlike mhs for horizontal splitting, it splits vertically in equal parts, with no autodetection logic. If one wants to have "intelligent" vertical autosplitting, the solution is to aplly mhs after a rotation and to do the counter rotation back after...

Anyway, it's a Great Tool!

again
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote