Thread: Remove PDF DRM
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 04:30 AM   #1
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Remove PDF DRM

I have recently bought 2 books from Fictionwise which are PDF with DRM.

Firstly, I seem only to be able to open them in ADE and then when I try to print I am told that I can only print 90 pages (was going to print to pdf).

Normally I wouldn't mind, but when opening on my Sony 505, the text is too small. When I make it bigger, it loses the nice formatting.

I have looked around but found no real answer as to how I may be able to remove the DRM. I have tried a demo of copistar, but this doesn't seem convert to text meaning I couldn't get it to a better format.

So, any advice on how I can get the file to a better format? Being that the 2 books I have bought run into around 600 pages each, I don't want to be doing a load of manual work so anything automated would be great.

Is there a format that I should be buying to make my own life easier? As previously mentioned, I have a sony 505.

I have also bought epub which looks great on my 505 although there are some things I wanted to change but can't due to DRM. I can live with that though.

With the PDF files, it is much harder for me to 'deal' with the problems.

Many thanks in advance.
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote