View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
openroad
openroad began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Overdrive functionality (Nook HD)

Hi, this really belongs in more of an Overdrive support forum but it doesn't seem like there is one.

I have been using Overdrive off and on for a year now, for library books only. I find it pretty annoying, and am wondering if there's something in the settings that I've missed.

1) Inability to skip forward, the way you can with the included Reader app. Once in a while Overdrive loses my last place and if it's a chapterless book, I actually have to swipe through one page at a time to say, page 308 to re-discover my spot. I like that the Reader app gives two options to either random flip to a different part of the book, or type in an exact page to jump to.
2) Inability to go BACK to wherever you were if you clicked on a link (for example, to a footnote) that jumps you forward in the book.

Apropos for today, it's pretty frustrating to read a footnote-packed, chapterless Terry Pratchett book through Overdrive. I'm not saying the Reader app is perfect either, just wondering if there's any option--can you check out library books in Overdrive and read in another app? Or am I missing something about Overdrive settings?
openroad is offline   Reply With Quote