Thread: Kobo Start Menu
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #268
Cyphox
Connoisseur
Cyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Did you try a third time? Did you see any different results? I cannot see the problems you describe on my two KTs (running different firmwares). The only inconvenience I perceive is that if I call Coolreader directly from the menu in portrait mode and then in landscape mode, it opens the last book at a wrong position, but this is somehow to be expected.
edit: of course i tried (you're talking about starting cr reader from start menu after a forced reset, dont you? if you're talking about testing my "preconfigured" cr, i've only done that twice), still a non-functional cr, and i tried another thing:

i restored my backup, started cr via vlasoftlauncher (the way it works just fine normally) and did a hard reset = damaged config

so the corrupted cfg-file is because of the resets/forced powerdowns i had to do.

but i cant say for sure if cr freezes or if its just the touchscreen/powerswitch that doesnt work after launching cr for the second time directly from start menu.

maybe im talking nonsense now, but perhaps cr doesnt like the touchpad-driver/plugin that startmenu provides in some way. correct me if im wrong, but when you launch vlasoftlauncher, it doesnt use the driver provided by startmenu but it loads the driver again by itself, doesnt it?!

Last edited by Cyphox; 06-25-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Cyphox is offline   Reply With Quote