Thread: Kobo Start Menu
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #261
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphox View Post
using this zip seems to damage the coolreader config on my device.

the first time i start cr directly from startmenu it works just fine.

but after exiting and entering coolreader again, i just cant do anything, the touchscreen doesnt work at all, not even putting the reader in standby works.

so i have to force-powerdown the device. after powering on again, still the same behaviour, cr freezes/doesnt accept any input.

when cr is started the normal way (vlasovsoftlauncher) it works again, but (guess thats because of the forced powerdown my config is damaged, on my first try it still remembered the book i read, but all my settings were reverted back to default.

on my second try, cr didnt forget the settings, but the book(s) i was currently reading ("welcome to coolreader, blabla")
Did you try a third time? Did you see any different results? I cannot see the problems you describe on my two KTs (running different firmwares). The only inconvenience I perceive is that if I call Coolreader directly from the menu in portrait mode and then in landscape mode, it opens the last book at a wrong position, but this is somehow to be expected.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote