View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #29
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I think it's incredibly sad that someone wastes their own time to scan and put a copy up--they gain nothing from it personally (they aren't selling it) and they only hurt the author/publisher. It's like someone keying an expensive car. They gain zero, but cause damage. That's an attitude I just don't get. And in the case of scanning, someone has to waste 2 or so hours of their life (maybe more if they proof it well). I wonder if somewhere there is an actual exchange of money--or torrent site that pays people to do it so they can have the illegal copies. Having done some formatting/scanning as a business, it boggles my mind someone would spend all that time for zero personal gain.
What they gain is the feeling/belief that they've helped out another human being. Here they are, providing a good that the marketplace did not, for which there is demand.

Whether they should do so is another discussion, one that has been beaten to a pulp around here.
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote