View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #21983
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
These bells do make a wonderful sound. There are many to be found in smaller temples that anyone can ring when ever they wish to. (I wonder what it's like to live next door to one of those temples...) Charlie, you can still come to Japan... It's no further away than your airport. You get on the plane where you are and get off in Japan. No different than getting off in Houston or Chicago except you can't read the signs. Very few North Americans come to Asia (as compared with Europeans.) Americans go to Europe or the Caribbean. Europeans, Brits, Aussies, and New Zealanders come to Asia. Percentage-wise, I'd guess there to be less than 10-20% North American, although even for North Americans, the Canadians far out number the USAans.
Stitchawl
Well, see, it's about that minor little problem called money. Having a way to do it on someone else's dime was really the only hope. There were chances during the glory days of the dot com bubble, when I was making major $$, but instead we went to Africa one year, and Antarctica another. Then when I decided to downsize and focus on quality of life, I moved to Canada and the Sunshine Coast. That was also a decision to accept that major travel was likely out. I've got enough points to make a round trip on Virgin in Upper Class to the UK, but that's the last freebie still around. So the chances are I won't get to Japan. Though, having worked for Toyota for >10 years, I would very much have liked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Could have been worse. It could have been Toledo...
Nope. I've been to both. I'll take Toledo.

The next trip I got was (wait for it)...

Dallas. In August.

Ah, those were the good old days when a boondoggle was something to look forward to.

Done for the day. Oban in my glass.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote