View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
puw
puw began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Requesting a default new column

Hi,

Calibre is excellent (thanks for this great program) and I use it on a desktop. However, I have a lot of books from various collections, which include various authors collections (eg Lee Fields). My request or suggestion would be to add a column that the user could click on when they've finished reading a book, like a tick box, that would allow the user to know easily which books they've read (and maybe the date).

I see there's a way to create your own columns but a) it looks complicated and b) it looks like it refers to metadata.

My request is a simple addition to a good program. I can't recall every book title I have or have not read as I add and build my library. Sure I could delete it from calibre and then when I open my folder of ebooks, I've nothing to say when looking through what I've read and not read etc.

As I like to reread books I've enjoyed after 6-12mths, a date with the tickbox also helps me to know a book is up for a recycling read. But a tickbox column would be a great help.

Hope my suggestion is of use and thanks for listening.
puw is offline   Reply With Quote