View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #8
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I don't need 3G on my N7. I have a 6GB phone plan for my Nexus S and no problem with tethering here in Canada.
Tethering is all fine and good as long as your tablet and your cell phone are co-located at all times. But (for me, anyway) that is not always the case.

For example, when I travel, it is much easier and cheaper to activate a simple, data-only SIM for a tablet with a decent chunk of data available to cover me while I'm away than it is to activate a pay-as-you-go cell phone with a data add-on --or worse, pay some really outrageous roaming fees to my home carrier -- so that I can tether.

Not to mention that tethering sucks through the battery on my phone. And once the phone is dead, no more tethering. So now, I have to carry around a bunch more stuff so that I can plug in my phone and/or swap the battery. But tablet equipped with 3G avoids that (and has a larger battery thus remains useable much longer).

I get it. A 3G option isn't enticing for everyone. But it certainly is for me (and some others around here).
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote