View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #98
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi Iņigo,

I looked at your example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
An example of my idea, 3 books with tags:
Hacking the DR -> Computers
Programming in Lua -> Devel, Lua
Algorithms -> Devel

We are at HOME, now we tap on "Tags" entry, we see:
Code:
    Tags
    [Up] [Computers] [Devel] [Lua]
    "Hacking the DR" "Programming in Lua" "Algorithms"
(this is a normal DR iconview, think in the [tags] as special folders. As no tag is selected we see all books).

Now we tap on "Devel", we see:
Code:
    Tags: Devel
    [Up] [Lua]
    "Programming in Lua" "Algorithms"
(no [Computer] because there is no book sharing Devel and Computer tags. We see the 2 files with Devel tag).

Now we tap on "Lua", we see:
Code:
    Tags: Devel, Lua
    [Up]
    "Programming in Lua"
(only one book has both tags).
The problem is that the tags are normally not extracted from the database into memory. Therefore it is not that easy to determine the tags that are 'present' in the current set of documents.
So I experimented with another 'interface' for selecting extra tags using a dialog. See the attached picture.
In the top-right you see an extra icon next to the search and short-cut icon.
Pressing it will show the dialog.
Which allows to select a function (E.g.: A and B and C and D, A or B or C or D) and 4 fields to select the value for A..D.
(See bitbucket for code, I only experimented on qemu sofar.)

Currently I still have several limitations/issues in the code, but in the future these could be removed when needed. (Among others: limited number of functions, what will be the behaviour of the comboboxes if too many tags are defined?)

Please give me your feedback.

Marcel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ChangeFileFilter.png
Views:	492
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	68280  
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote