View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Seriously, we inherited pretty well when my parents passed away. Previously, we had good jobs and saved lots while keeping no debt, except for the mortgage. We paid off the mortgage and saved some and invested some in biotech stocks.

2008 was tough. we lost $1000 per day when the market crashed, but we took what we could get and cashed out. But we had plenty in protected accounts, so it was not a big deal.

However - and this is the thing I've been getting to - while every second home is in foreclosure, we will never have to worry. Using that inheritance to pay off the mortgage gave us freedom. It might be something to consider with your new money.

BTW, I blame all of you for my biggest stock loss. There I was buying up Krispy Kreme stocks, and you guys went on a diet!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote