View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #66
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Just tried Overdrive again after making the B&N browser the default browser AND setting the "user agent" to Mobile and WALA! Overdrive works perfectly! I didn't even need to save the .acsm file - it opened automatically in Overdrive!

I haven't tried Dolphin yet; but there is something squirly going on w/ the user agent between Dolphin and the original browser ....

but it is nice to know that I now have the ebook library from my local library at my fingertips, w/o jumping through a lot of hoops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yes, you have to use a file manager to get the book. Just click on it and Overdrive brings it into its library. We all get the gibberish text. Just the fact that the text can be saved and turned into something that Overdrive recognizes is an unexpected resolution. Of course that's not the way the app is supposed to work, but we have a rooted device that isn't listed as being supported on the Overdrive website.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote