Thread: Glo Android on Glo
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #189
embryo
Fanatic
embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
We can also modify existing apps (like Moon+ Reader) and add needed calls to improve image quality (through decompiling, adding needed calls in smali). It's not s-f. It's doable. Someone did it for AlReader (you can find it on lesen.net Tolino forum, modified version is installed in my image posted here). It's easier for open source apps, of course.
Is somebody interested in FBReader?
Its the only reader that supports tags and series well enough and its open source.
Moon+ Reader also supports them, but with great lags (for a lot of books) and not so intuitive ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
Generally it's fantastic that we can improve user experience on Kobo (and Tolino, hehe) devices. I'm now certain that Android is the best OS for Kobo readers
I second that!
I already setup my Glo, and I don't think I'll ever return to the Kobo's interface.

There are a few answers that I'm looking for though, like,
"How can I change the pic that is used for suspend (in what path can I find it)?"
"Why no ad-blocking program can write to the hosts file?"
but already we have enough.

If there is anything simple (not a programmer here ) you want me to test for you, just ask.

... and thanks, all you brave programmers ...
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote