View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
I've had trouble in recent years buying refurbished anything from anybody. I'm starting to wonder if the new definition of "refurbished" is "someone else claimed it didn't work but we'll try selling it one more time to see if someone else will keep it."
The problem with refurbished is that they are not always in good enough working order and if you buy such from someone, you could be stuck with it. I prefer to buy refurbished from a place where I can return it if it's not good enough.

For example, my mother had a Sony Reader that had one of the screens that faded in the sunlight. I called Sony and they sent another one for replacement. The text was more grey then the one I was sending back. So I had Sony send another and then sent both back.

In that situation, the seller could say that there is nothing wrong with the first replacement Sony and not take it back. I won't risk something like that unless I know I can return it if there's a problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote