View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Beacham View Post
I'm a huge Parker fan, loving Spenser, Jesse Stone and Sunny Randall books - but just got around to the very first Spenser novel, THE GODWULF MANUSCRIPT.

I like all the Spenser books I've read so far, but now I see what Amazon reviewers mean by how Spenser changed with the addition of Susan. In the early days he was very tough and not very discriminating about the ladies. In the first book, he beds a mother and daughter on the same day, and he also kicks some formidable ass so it's an exhausting day. Fun stuff!

What do you think about the evolution of Spenser?
I started reading Spenser in high school and liked the character. Sometimes he's a bit much -- pretentious, unbeatable, with women dropping at his feet, and Susan adoring him. But the writing, character and story lines hold up, which is saying a lot, with the number of books that Parker wrote. I would've liked to read a series based on Hawk, too.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote