View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Hi Jellby,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Code:
<meta name="original_language" content="grc"/>
Hopefully, someone could supply this idea to dc or idpf, as it is "important", especially if the electronic book is meant to go growing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
You need to see more printed books
You are right, this is relative to time and space (France). My paperbook shelves don't include that many incunabula

Let's says that through the 20th, most of the printed books I have seen, include the language from which they were translated. Just followed by the translators name. I guess that the rise of philology and linguistics at the end of the 19th might have influenced a kind of "scientific" way in edition... but that really is just a guess; the habit might have come from far earlier.

Anyway, I believe (and advocate) that there should be a tag for this in epub standard. Why lose this habit in the 21th century, just because someone forgot it while creating a standard.

Concerning the use of such property:
At least I am should that DavidFor and Kovid Goyal would do something to allow this property to be displayed in Calibre

Glad the topic gets some interest

Regards

François
PS: has someone read Musashi from Eiji Yoshikawa... I recall that the German and the French edition were translated from English, not from Japanese...
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote