View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 05:29 AM   #32
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppxnouse View Post
That is why I started looking into the PRC format tonight. After 2 hours in front of my hex editor with some downloaded and some created prc files with and w/o cover art and coding a small parser, I still can not figure out how I (or the Mobipocket Reader :-)) can find out which PDB record actually contains the cover art. The attributes if the record header are always NULL. Sure I can look at the record data and see if it is a picture, but then, as you know, I get also the pictures in the book.
For the Cybook I think it is the first record after the HTML file records that is assumed to be a cover image. There is also a pointer to the first image record (the pointer is the record number or maybe the number of records used for header and the text in the book) for a MOBI header in 0x5c (4 bytes). What I did was to search for the first record with an image in it and assumed that this was the cover if it exsisted.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote