View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #17
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
What was missing in the explosion? I think I added a flag to fix the links. In the raw explosion the filepos tags are there. I am very interested in fixing the scripts so it works well.
How it it supposed to be used? Normally, an explosion program writes into a new directory but all I see in this case is:

Quote:
mobi2html file1.mobi > file2.html
When I try this on Ring of Fire from Baen's Free Library, I first create a subdirectory and then run the command from that directory. The result is lots of records and a html file. When I open the HTML file the TOC does not work and there are no images. The TOC is at the end of the HTML file, but it contains links that refer to the full file path and the wrong filename:
Code:
file:///C: ... /Flint_RingOfFire/074347175X__p_.htm#Chap_15
Note that the HTML filename is not 074347175X__p_.htm.

The best test of mobi2html is that it will regenerate a copy of the mobi file (more or less) when used as input for html2mobi. I can't test this because I can't find the GD package needed by html2mobi. I have no idea if I am installing Perl on Windows optimally, but so far I have had to manually find nearly every package used by the scripts. I am using ActivePerl and its package manager, which needs the name of the package to install it.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote