View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #47
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
DVDCatalyst seems lovely and currently there is an discounted offer on. My question is however what is the file size (aprx) for the if I rip a DVD around and hour and twenty mins?

I understand why DC have given 25 mins, but I'd like to know if it comes out around a gig for a film length as stated above.
I hope I'm not giving away any marketing secrets, but as is the case with many of these products, that discount is ALWAYS available.

On the file size, it's totally configurable. You can choose compression methods and bitrates for both audio and video and create (or select) a preset that gives you the file-size/quality balance you want.

For myself, I usually pick settings that make a typical feature film to come out between 500-700MB.
I end up with a file small enough to carry several on my portable devices, and clear enough to watch on my 32" TV. Not HD quality, but anything better than VHS quality is adequate for my purposes.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote