View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
NicholasV
Enthusiast
NicholasV is a rising star in the heavensNicholasV is a rising star in the heavensNicholasV is a rising star in the heavensNicholasV is a rising star in the heavensNicholasV is a rising star in the heavensNicholasV is a rising star in the heavensNicholasV is a rising star in the heavensNicholasV is a rising star in the heavensNicholasV is a rising star in the heavensNicholasV is a rising star in the heavensNicholasV is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Nook Touch, (ex)Kindle 3
Best touch e-ink reader?

I recently got a Kindle 3 Keyboard which I am gonna return after trying briefly a Nook Simple Touch at Barnes and Noble and finding the Touch interface much more ideal. Basically I want an e-reader to start buying modern Greek books again, because I am sick of dealing with the cost(shipping doubles the price, and they already more expensive than the American market) and time involved in shipping. The Greek market seems to mostly use epub.

These are the features I want:
-- I would like a good web browser that will continue to be developed, that allows to download pages for offline reading. A possibility for more than one browser would be ideal.
-- Good dictionary support, when they release a good English-Greek dictionary I would like to load it.
-- I would like a product whose firmware would be improved for a while after purchase or something that has a potential alternative firmware or ability to be rooted, incase I have it for years and the company abandons it leaving a still experimental web browser, rudimentary PDF support, etc.

I think there are pros and cons of each. I like that the Nook has buttons for page turning, but B&N is still in danger of actually going out of business. Amazon is an a-hole company that has remotely deleted user's e-books, underpays and poorly treats their workers and created a proprietary format.

What store can I demo a fully functional Kindle or Kobo Touch at? What do you guys recommend?
NicholasV is offline   Reply With Quote