View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Working oin Jetbook

I am using an original jetbook.

I am going out to buy a jetbook lite so I have something to read. Also once I have the software done then I can test it on the lite.

I have a new jtag device coming so I can take apart their boot flash routine. I am only able to install Android because I use the jtag interface to flash my device. ( I did save their boot loader )

For other people to use my ported Android, I will have to fool the jetbook flash loader to loading my code and then flashing the device with Android.

This will make it so a person can flash Android to their JB or JBL and try it out. If they don' like it or want to send the unit in under warranty they would flash back to the original jetbook firmware. We can not expect Ectaco to support an OS they did not put on the unit.

I have done the same thing for years on my Motorola Cell phones, Iphones, Ipods, and routers and other devices.

Once we are on Android, we can use FBreader that is written in java, and you will be able to have any fonts, any size text, hyperlinks, soon annotation, and many other features. There are also already programs that do PDF files with reflow, text reader programs, read excel data files, and so many things we only wish we could do.

Porting Android is not really that hard, we could even end up with a Sony or Kindle that runs Android.

I am working on a prototype of the type of e-reader device I WANT.

I want an e-reader with a 10 inch screen that fits in my pocket.
Two of the COLOR jetbook 5 inch screens with a small seem down the middle that folds and protects the screens when not in use. That runs reflective TFT when you are reading books at 768 x 1024, but a backlight that can be turned on when you want to read in the evening. Multi-touch screen and USB Host. I can drive a printer, keyboad, mouse, graphic tablet, and even an external HDMI big screen tv. In book mode power needs to last 20 hours without the backlight. Wireless and ability to teather through the usb to your existing cell phone. Java enabled browser so I can go to ANY ebook site and download and read any ebook I want. Play videos and load any other Android app that other talented programmers come up with.

I already have two 4 inch color reflective tft screens and a 600Mhz cpu board that has USB host, HDMI output, 2d,3d video acceleration 128 meg of flash and 256 meg ram, SD/MMC card interface. Putting it together now.

Have to work out how to have two touch screens on two displays work at the same time as one unit so the screen can fold.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote