View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Hi Everyone,
We have addressed this on our Blog when Borders first announced their Chapter 11.

http://blog.kobobooks.com/2011/02/16/kobo-update/

Quote:
What does this mean for customers of Borders’ eBook service…?

Will I lose access to ebooks I have purchased at Borders.com?
Your ebook library is perfectly safe. The Borders ebook experience is powered by Kobo, an entirely separate company from Borders. Kobo is financially secure and will continue to maintain your ebook library no matter what happens.

Can I continue to buy ebooks from Borders.com?
Yes. Kobo will continue to provide ebook services to Borders customers through Borders.com and Borders apps and desktop software. You shouldn’t notice any difference in terms of service or selection.

Will I still be able to get technical support for the Kobo eReader or other device I purchased from Borders?
Yes. Borders will continue to offer phone and email customer service for devices purchased at their stores and Borders.com.

Will I still be able to get support for Borders apps?
Yes. Borders customer service will continue without interruption.
If you have additional questions about this, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll try to answer them here as best I can. We are also looking into solutions for customers who want to move from Kobo to Borders. Stay tuned for an update.

To answer JVM's questions:

Quote:
- does this version over-ride the kepub version on my e-reader (after I sync)?
This is independent. If you transfer it to your Kobo Reader, you will get two copies.

Quote:
- if it does, is it not preferable to have the kepub version as I thought I read there are more features available when reading via Kobo e-reader?
The Adobe version will not have some of the Kobo features, the most noticeable being syncing of bookmarks with other Kobo devices.

Quote:
- if I download the Adobe DRM ePUB version, does the book get stored on my PC (can I select where to put these back-ups)?
It's on your PC. Adobe puts the file in your Documents folder (sorry, I'm not on a PC so I can't specify exactly where)
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote