View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
I found the book quite enjoyable. In fact, I was just about glued to it, at least for about the first half. The second half moved a bit slower for me, but was still a good read.

What annoyed me a bit, especially towards the end, was that everybody was babying Laura so much, trying to shield her from real life, and thus (in my eyes) preventing her from ever becoming an independant and self-confident woman. But maybe that kind of woman was not what society wanted during those days. However, I had the feeling that the author was quite impressed by the character of Marian and how clever she handled all sorts of situations, and that she did not comport herself as the typical female of that time.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote