View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #78
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.. View Post
Unfortunately it doesnt or should I say hasnt with my updates, not since the new firmware -
As I asked before, what firmware version? Sayng "new firmware" doesn't actually help. Kobo release firmware to different markets at different times. In Japan, 2.2.1 is the current version. Elsewhere, 2.1.5 is current.

But, I don't think the author sorting algorithm has changed in any firmware. The author sort sequence is always "Lastname, Firstname" But, how the displayed author name is interpreted depends on the structure of the name. The ones I can see are:

- "Name1 Name2" - will get Firstname=Name1 and Lastname=Name2
- "Name1, Name2" - will get Firstname=Name2 and Lastname=Name1
- "Name1" - Lastname=Name1 and no Firstname

From what you have posted for the authors, the sorting working correctly and most of the names are interpreted as the first one. But, it sounds like you intend the second.

Quote:
I have updated Calibre including the latest today, including plugboards but still getting it wrong. I have today tried altering the plugboard in various ways, experimenting with everything. I now have the - epub-Kobotouch - which lists as - epub:KOBOTOUCH = ([{author_sort}/{title}] -> author_sort)
I cannot amend that, it sseems to be automatic as soon as you input Kobotouch. On destination I have amended it to just - {author_sort}/{title})
and I am now thankfully getting them on the Kobo library in alphabetical order - hurrah!! Only small problem is that they are all appearing with extras - ([Armentrout, J/Covenant] - >authors) with all of the punctuation, brackets, dashes etc. What am I doing wrong now and how can I delete these brackets and the extra >authors? Is there a Dummies Guide to Plugboards please? I need a drink!!!!
I think your problem is the plugboard. Firstly, this must have been defined sometime before. There are no defaults for plugboards.

To fix it, select the plugboard from the list. Under "Source template" will be the changes that are made when the plugboard is applied. From what you have said, I think you want the author displayed on the device as "Lastname, Firstname". To do that, I would create the source template with:

{author_sort} -> authors

After changing the source template, press the "Save plugboard" button.

Setting the author_sort in the plugboard won't help as the Kobo devices do not read this part of the metadata.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote