View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #24
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Too true. A perfect example of that is an occupational tax that was charged by the county I worked in at my last job. The county was charging a 1% income tax, but because certain occupations were exempt, it was declared illegal and the whole thing wound up in court in a class action suit. When it was finally settled, I got a check... it was itemized... something like $200 I'd paid in over a certain period in question, $130 of it was declared part of the settlement, $70 something went for legal fees, and I wound up getting about $60 back... I was just like "whatever... it's $60 I didn't have before," but there's still a part of me that was irked that I about half the settlement went for legal fees...
The state of Georgia used to not tax state retiree's income tax on their retirement income. They did tax US Government retirees. The state managed to work a deal to keep from having to refund US Retirees for taxes paid by taxing state retirees. This still angers me.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote