Old 06-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #13
aterry13
Enthusiast
aterry13 began at the beginning.

Device: nook str
Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
Which release of Calibre are you using?

I discovered that for some reason the Default-Font-Change plugin stopped working after I upgraded from release 0.8.41 to 0.8.54, and it works again after I rolled back to 0.8.41.

Also, I browsed the Nook ST's /system/fonts directory and found that Droid Serif as well as Droid Sans Serif fonts are already included there (but unfortunately do not get used by the Nook eReader). Hence you should be able to configure the Calibre Font-Change Plugin to make use of these fonts with the following Plugin configuration:

- Font Source: Use Device's System Fonts
- Font Name: Droid
- Font Extension: .ttf
- System Font Path: (I would suggest as a start keepingthe default value "system/fonts")
I eliminated and reinstalled Calibre to the 0.8.41 release. That didn't help and it caused more problems (Calibre didn't recognize the Nook at that release.) You said you would "start" with systems/fonts. Is there another thing that I could try? None of this makes sense. About 20% of the books have successfully converted, but why wouldn't all of them? Just about all of them started as RTF's that I converted to Mobi's when I had a Kindle. So, despite all of them starting at the same point, 80% won't work with this plug-in. After a few tries with different combinations, it seemed to really mess up the document I tried to work with. Nothing seems to be working and my only guess is that the problem is that this is a Nook Simple Touch Glow and something about that must be different. If anyone can help with this, I would greatly apppreciate it...
aterry13 is offline   Reply With Quote