Thread: eBook resources
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 08:04 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
That may be the real problem, but it's definitely not the root of the problem. Just as it was in the early days of digital music, it's the content providers that are the holdup. Sony put a great deal of effort into getting the publishers on board. Considering the glacial pace of evolution in the publishing industry, I'm surprised Sony has accomplished as much as it has.
One difference, though, is that in a sense it's less important for music, because one can easily convert one's own CDs to a digital format. I have a very large collection of classical and opera CDs, and that's what I do - I've never bought anything from the iTunes store. There's no easy way of converting one's paper books to an electronic format (not to mention the fact that, at least in the UK, it is not legal to do so).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote