View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #62
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
From Amazon's Book Description for Ender's Game:

The "Buggers" are an invasive insectoid alien species that threaten the survival of humanity. If anyone but Orson Scott Card had christened them with that name, I probably wouldn't think anything about it, but coming from him, it just sounds like a cruel joke from a cold heart.

If this wins, I won't be reading it.
Well if you want to look at it that way, the fact that the insectoids set up a base in the asteroid "Eros" must be the icing on the cake.

Don't religious groups often refer to homosexuality as the sin of 'eros'? Additionally, isn't eros also a reference of a particular form of homosexual relationship between an older and younger male in ancient Greece?

In any case, it's been a long time since I've read the novel, but by the end of the book I don't remember the sympathies of the author being so clear cut. Could be a false memory.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote