Thread: Classic Battery life low
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #20
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I don't think what you have for a screen saver really matters--it's the screen paint that uses battery charge, not the content of the pictures.

As for charging, I generally do it if my charge gets below about 50%--not because I think it's about to die on me, but because I don't want to run out the *next* day and I can eat up to 35% charge on one day's reading depending on circumstances. I also generally depend on the battery icon rather than the percentage on the settings page, just because I don't like flipping to settings. However, sometimes I read it down to the charge prompt if I think the charge prompt won't come until around bedtime.

I don't think there's any B&N provided photo viewer on the nook. I haven't rooted it so I can't speak for the rooted.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote