View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #22
dfiler
dfiler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
After two weeks of laboring over which eReader to buy, I finally came to a conclusion, the PRS-650. The Kindle3 hardware seems preferable but lack of ePub support was a deal breaker. With our local libraries offering ePub, this becomes the most important feature. The nook was also a possiblity. But would I prefer to NOT have that secondary color lcd screen. The 650 seems too small and the 950 seems to big. Ahhh the 650, a nice size.

With the decision made, I congratulated myself on selecting the perfect birthday present for my brother. It just might be enough to lure him away from the web and back to fiction reading. However, the satisfaction of reaching a conclusion was short live. Newegg is out of stock, hmmm, maybe B&H, what the? Sure enough, every web site in the world is sold out. So are the brick and mortar locations near me as well.

Last stop... ebay. Eureka! I just clicked buy-now on a black PRS-650 and leather case for $199. An unwanted Christmas present by a seller with a reputable ebay history.

And so ends my rollercoaster of eReader selection and purchase.

Much thanks to everyone on these forums. Your posts have been invaluable to this eReader newb.
dfiler is offline   Reply With Quote