View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #263
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I have heard a lot of similar comments about American Gods that you voiced that's why when I saw it come up on the kindle daily deals I initially thought of it but eventually took a pass on the book. I wonder what the daily deal in books is to day?
I had the opposite experience with American Gods. Couldn't stop even if I wanted to because I kept asking what's behind the corner. I found the book very exciting, not heavy. But then again I like not necessarily heavy but definitely dark, edgy and books that don't shy away from violence. So maybe it takes a lot for me to call something "heavy". I would probably use that attribute for some boring classic like Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky.
As for today's daily deals, I haven't heard of any of the authors so I wouldn't buy anything
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote