View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I recommend a service such as Carbonite for off site backup. It's not free but at $50 US per year it's worth it to me and the data is encrypted. I have multiple redundant on site backups *but* I wanted something off site but not on media.
Yep, JungleDisk uses Amazon S3 service. So, you pay actually by how much data you store/transfer. It's like $.15 /GB per month. Since I don't have alot to store it will be cheaper for me. Also, you can use it like a network/cloud drive. JungleDisk can encrypt everything before sending it to the servers if you want it to. It can also handle encryption key changes/versioning.

But Carbonite and Mozy are certainly good options... any backup is better than none, and offsite is better than local.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote