View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Huh .... well, I bought a Mirra backup server, and have been blissfully using that for a few years now. It took maybe five minutes to hook up ... works in the background backing up everything on all of my networked computers, and I can even download files through the internet if I really have to have them and can't get to my laptop when I'm on the road.

Maybe it's because I have so many client files on my PC ... but I am as close to paranoid about data loss as it is possible for a person to be. I have, on rare occasions lost data ... but that was when I was setting up new drives on a system and just got stupid (had to reformat a drive before I had a chance to back it up ... lost a long piece done for litigation which I then had to recreate from scratch .... ick).

I also have redundant drives in my system (six 500 GB drives and one 200 GB drive that just holds system files). Those I have to actually push a button to back up (D backs up to E, F to G, H to I), and it's really more of a sync than a backup. My thought there was, if any program or data drive goes belly up on me, all I have to do is remap the twin and I'm back up and running.

Like I said .... paranoid.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote