View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #79
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yep, I think I can reproduce it. Try this in main:

1. Open any book, switch to landscape mode.
Code:
[root@kindle us]# zcat harvey.gmv.gz  |./gmplay 
Segmentation fault
3. Switch back to portrait mode.
4. gmplay works again.

So the rotation setting seems to "physically" rotate the underlying device (if you know what I mean). You can even verify this by setting the device to portrait inverted -- gmplay will also play "upside down".
I only treat the DX and DXG as special and add both letterbox and pillarbox to center the 800x600 video. I could detect widescreen mode and force it back to portrait mode with another ioctl() call, but I went to so much effort to shrink my code that I detest adding special "corner cases" back into it. But I suppose I must do that when I add GUI/keyboard/touchscreen to it. We want this solid when it gets slash-dotted to keep from being buried in support requests... (Yes, my past projects got LITERALLY thousands of hits per minute from around the world for many months, taking down webservers, with significant traffic for many years) ... Under a different name, of course...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote