View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #23
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Unfortunately, that's more easily said than done. Without the cleaned up source files from which the versions are generated, correcting the books would require re-doing them entirely from the original sources. The formats that are posted here are still mostly terminal formats, in the sense that they can't be converted to something else.

In this case, I think that Madam Broshkina mentioned that she's since lost her cleaned up files due to a system failure, so they're not even available to her. I don't blame her for not wanting to re-do the lot from scratch simply to fix emdashes. I'm particular about emdashes myself, and I wouldn't do such a re-work under those circumstances.
I was not aware of that. So if I load BD with a PRC file, I can't fix it (for emdashes or whatever) by referencing the PG file? I was actually planning to do a bit of that myself on a few books I wanted to make minor improvements to.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote